Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Healthy Banana "Pancakes"

Before I met Tony, I had never heard of Jack Johnson. When I would go visit him while he was going to school in Tennessee, there was one trip where we literally drove around listening to Jack Johnson's music the entire weekend. I absolutely love his music. It doesn't matter if I'm in a good or bad mood, his music always makes me happy. Especially Banana Pancakes. Now, every time I make pancakes, I think of that song. 
Fittingly, I decided to make some banana pancakes for breakfast while singing that song. Maybe belting out the lyrics is the secret ingredient to making healthy pancakes. Or maybe it's just leaving out the flour... but I'm gonna go with the singing. :)

These pancakes are so simple and good! They are light and have a distinct banana flavor. Your family members will never guess that they're only made with 2 ingredients!


Ingredients


1 ripe banana

2 eggs
cinnamon, optional

Directions


Beat all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.

Heat a pan over medium heat, lightly greased with nonstick spray or a little coconut oil.
Scoop batter out and carefully pour on hot pan. As soon as it's cooked enough to hold together (about 30-40 seconds), gently flip and cook on other side. 
(Be sure to dance around belting out the "secret ingredient" while you're waiting to flip them.)
Serve with syrup, fruit, or whatever you prefer.
*Makes approximately 4-6 three inch pancakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!