Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Homemade Mod Podge

 When making the headband stand, I needed some mod podge to paste the fabric to the canister. I had the supplies I needed so I was able to whip some up quick. Since this is homemade mod podge, without the sealant that the store-bought stuff contains, after a couple years your creations will most likely begin to wear down or even become a little discolored. This may be important to some people, so I thought I would mention that. I'm sure I'll probably be replacing my crafts with something newer or more updated with my decor after awhile so it doesn't really matter to me, personally.



To make homemade mod podge, all you need is 1 (4 oz) bottle of original Elmer's school glue, 1/3 c. water, and a small container. 




Combine water and glue and mix thoroughly.




Transfer to an empty container. I used an old hair product container with a wide mouth so that I could dip my brush right in. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!