Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


 One of the best things about my job is meeting some awesome residents. One of my favorites (I know we're not supposed to have any, but I can't help it) was going home. When he was leaving, he gave me his contact information so I could keep in touch with him. I've talked to him on the phone, but next week my boss and I are going to go visit him. His favorite cookie is oatmeal chocolate chip, so I wanted to find a good recipe so I could bring him a batch. 
I found this recipe through the King Arthur Flour website and modified it. It's definitely a good one! 





  • Ingredients
  • 1 c. butter, melted
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 c. quick-cooking oats
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 pkg. chocolate chips

Directions



Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease with non-stick spray.


Beat together the butter and sugars until smooth.
Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla one at a time, beating well after each.
In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and add to the butter mixture in the bowl.
Mix everything until it is thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and mix briefly.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" to 2" between cookies.
Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, until they're a light golden brown, with slightly darker edges. Their middles may still look a tiny bit shiny; that's OK, they'll continue to bake as they cool on the pan.
Remove the cookies from the oven, and as soon as they're set enough to handle, transfer them to racks to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!