Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

DIY Make-up Remover Wipes

Do any of you buy make-up remover wipes? I used to buy the wipes years ago, but haven't for quite some time. They weren't cheap to begin with and then they would always dry out before I got to the last ones.
I starting making my own liquid make-up remover awhile back and I will never buy store-bought again, but I found so many different "recipes" for make-up remover wipes and I thought I would give it a shot. 
If you know me well, you know that I'm not a huge fan of washing my face. I know, I know..."that's so gross"... I agree, but it just seems like such a hassle all the time. After making these, I'm actually washing my face in the middle of the afternoon, just because I want to. That's pretty impressive. 


Start with good quality paper towels. I used Viva, but I've heard Bounty works well, too. Get a container that the towels will fit in. (I bought these separately and my container ended up being too small so I had to swap it with a different one at the end.)


Measure out 1 cup of very warm water. I used warm so that the coconut oil would liquidate well.


Add 2 Tbsp. coconut oil and 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. of your favorite face wash or baby wash. Stir well.
(I used the face wash I had on hand, but it would be nice to use a natural/organic one so that you know exactly what is in it.)


Cut off about 1/4 of the roll and (keeping the cardboard center in the middle!) place it in your container. Close the container and flip upside down. Let it rest for at least 5-10 minutes. Flip it right side up and remove the cardboard center. 
You're done!
(If you want your wipes to come in larger sheets, you can certainly double the amount of water and ingredients and just cut the paper towel roll in half.)

1 comment:

  1. Another thing I tried while my sister was here on her visit. These are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!