Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hawaiian Smoothie

Being in the mood for something refreshing, I decided to use up the pineapple I bought this week for a nice summery smoothie for breakfast. It's been so cold lately that it seems appropriate to start looking forward to the hot summer sun. I'm actually not a huge fan of the heat. I would take some cozy, cold weather any day over the humid summer heat, but I know I'm almost alone on that preference.

We got one of those individual "bullet" type blenders from Tony's parents for Christmas and it's been so nice to be able to whip up some fruit and yogurt when we're craving something sweet! This one is simple and easily customizable if you don't like these fruit choices. That's the nice thing about smoothies. You can change them up SO many ways!



Ingredients

1 c. fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 small banana
1/4 c. frozen strawberries
1/2 c. Greek yogurt (I used my crock pot yogurt)
1/4 c. orange juice
dash of vanilla extract
1-3 tsp. honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
ice


Directions


Blend all ingredients, except ice, in blender. Taste to see if you want to add any more of anything. Then add some ice and blend to get desired texture. (We like ours thick enough to not taste like straight juice, but thin enough not to get stuck in the straw.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!