Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Homemade Pancakes

                                               
                                                                     Homemade Pancakes

Coming from a large family, it was not uncommon to have a big pancake breakfast.  It is a fast breakfast that is cheap and delicious.  Although I ate my fair share of the pancakes, I was never the one that made them.  When I was younger, it was my Mom that stood at the pancake post.  Later, my little sister Lucy stepped in her spot.  Sure, I watched those two lovely ladies make them, but I was never the one to put the mix together.  Last night I had a real craving for pancakes so I decided to give it try.  My family normally makes their own syrup as well.  For now, I am just starting with the pancakes and having Mrs. Butterworth help me with the rest.  Next time I may try all of it. :)

The great thing about pancakes is they are made with such common ingredients.  You don't have to make a special trip to the store when they sound good.

I decreased the ingredients by half because it is only my husband and myself.  This was the perfect amount for us.  It makes 5-6 pancakes.

1 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 T sugar

Blend dry ingredients.

Add:
1 egg
1 cup milk
5 T & 1 tsp. oil

                                           
         1.Gather all the ingredients!
                                   

                       2. Make batter according to above directions.  Whisk until there are no lumps.




3. Pour batter in greased pan.  Wait until bubbles form on top of the pancake.  Turn over and finish cooking the other side.   (Because I don't have a griddle, I used a frying pan.  Although it worked, I wouldn't suggest using it if you have other options.  It's a little difficult to get the correct temperature.)




4.  Top with butter and syrup!  ENJOY!!!




2 comments:

Check these out!