Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mini Strawberry Cheesecake

                                                     Mini Strawberry Cheesecake

I had to work Valentine's Day.  I was pretty bummed because usually I take the time to set up a nice dinner and a yummy dessert.  My husband took care of the yummy dinner, grilling me heart-shaped ribeyes.  I figured the least I could do was come up with a quick dessert.  With a little help from Pinterest, here's what I came up with. (Normally they would be topped with graham cracker crumbs but I used what I had in the house. :)

Mini Strawberry Cheesecake

Strawberries
Powdered Sugar
Cream Cheese
Vanilla
Chocolate
(This amount works great for 2 people---makes about 10 strawberries)

First, blend 4 oz cream cheese, 3 T. powdered sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla.

                                                        Next, hollow out the strawberries.


Take the blended mixture and spoon into a Ziploc bag.  Squeeze contents to the corner of the bag.  Twist the bag.  It is an easy makeshift piping bag.  Snip the corner.
Pipe the mixture into the strawberries.


Next, drizzle chocolate over your strawberries.  It normally calls for a melted chocolate that would harden but this is all I had it the house.


 Thinking I was making such a mediocre dessert for Valentines Day, I was happy to hear that my husband loved them.  He wants me to make them again.  That's always a plus!

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I really want to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be lucky if I had any strawberries left by the time I got to the finished product! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!