Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Trail Mix & Snack Station

I did our weekly grocery shopping this morning and, seeing nuts on sale, I decided to make some yummy trail mix. Tony loves mixes like this, but also really likes chocolate, so I threw in a healthy portion of those, too. :)





You can use whatever you'd like for your mix. 
I used cashews, peanuts, almonds, dried cranberries, yogurt covered raisins, and peanut M&Ms. 
{It is also super yummy to mix in some crunchy granola! For our Peanut Butter Cinnamon Granola recipe, click here!}



Mix up the ratios you would like and portion into individual baggies.




Find some ribbon and tie it around an old shoebox.




We now have a "Snack Station" in our cupboard! I'm hoping this will be simpler for Tony to grab some snacks on his way to school. He's gotta use up all the junk food on the left side so we can get some healthy snacks in here now! :)




2 comments:

  1. I love trail mixes! I always add chocolate covered pomegranates to mine! Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll have to do that next time. :)

      Delete

Check these out!