Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Zucchini and Squash Sauté


My husband and I were sitting around the table last night.  Once again, my poor man had to listen to me complain that I wanted to lose weight.  With summer fast approaching, swimsuit season will be here before we know it.  With that in mind, I asked Mikey if he would help motivate me. He's on board. :) Well, I had a hotdish prepared for dinner but I decided it was "now or never".  Setting the previous dish aside, I pulled out a few veggies from the fridge.  This is what I came up with!  I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did.  DELICIOUS!!! Hope you enjoy it, too!!

Gather your ingredients:

1/2 small zucchini
1/2 small squash
Small onion
Tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes last night.  Today I used cherry tomatoes, cut in half.  I used a total of 10 cherry tomatoes.)
Minced garlic
Sea Salt
Pepper
Butter


1.  Slice zucchini and squash in thin slices.  Cut onion in big chunks. (personal preference :)


              2.  Saute onion in 1 T. butter.  When they start to get a little soft, add zucchini and squash.


3.  Once the above mixture is further along, add approximately 2 tsp. minced garlic and pepper.  Stir.  Add tomatoes.  Cook until it reaches the texture you enjoy.  I really like this dish because it only takes a few minutes to cook. :)


**I did not add salt at this time because the feta cheese is high in sodium.  You can add salt if you want. **
Place the deliciousness on a plate.  Sprinkle with 1 T. Tomato and Basil Feta Cheese!!



 ENJOY!!!

(I also think this would be great on a grilled chicken breast!  Excited to try!)




1 comment:

Check these out!