Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Classic Vinaigrette

Homemade Classic Vinaigrette 


While taking our spontaneous trip,  I hesitate to confess what and where we ate!  In fact, I will spare you the details.  I will divulge this much...it was 3 fast food (greasy spoons, you might say) type places.  Needless to say, my husband and I felt very bloated and just plain "yucky" on our drive home.  While talking on the drive, we decided it was time to get back on our diet!  

My husband really enjoys salads.  To make it a little more fun, we like to make some of our own dressings.  Here is the one we made tonight.  We topped it will some grilled chicken tenders.  It was delicious! 

(This versatile vinaigrette is an everyday standby.  Adjust the mustard and garlic to taste.)


1/4 cup olive oil
3 T. vegetable oil
3 T. balsamic vinegar
3 T. distilled white vinegar
2-3 T. Dijon-style mustard
1 garlic clove, finely minced

Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake until well mixed. Makes 1 1/3 cups.

*I used a bullet to mix mine.  I put in all ingredients, minus the oils.  After everything was well blended, I added the oils.  Shake, shake, shake.  I had this nice dressing bottle my mother in law gave me that worked perfect to put our homemade dressing in! 











YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta try this...It looks delicious with the chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!