Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cream Cheese Mushroom Bites

If you haven't noticed, I LOVE cream cheese! I use it often, in all kinds of recipes. :) Then you throw in some mushrooms and things get even better! This dish makes a great appetizer. One of my kids' favorite "meals" is "appetizer night" along with our Friday "movie night". We make a spread of snacks and make a meal out of it. Crackers and cheese, homemade jalapeno poppers, egg rolls, chips, veggies and dip, fruit with a dip, and whatever we come up with. This one will definitely be added to our menu of appetizers . :)

 (Sorry about the lack of pictures. I didn't think to "blog" this til after I made them.)


All you need is:

About 20 white mushrooms
 3 Tablespoons butter
 4 oz cream cheese, softened
 4 oz imitation crab meat, chopped
 2 cloves garlic, minced
 Salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems and reserve.
Place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
Melt butter in a small saucepan. Mix in garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
In a bowl, mix together mushroom stems, cream cheese, and imitation crab meat.
Stuff mushroom caps with the mixture. Drizzle your garlic butter over mushrooms.
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms begin to soften. Serve immediately.


Enjoy! :-)




3 comments:

  1. Yum!! This is something I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love these but I would have to eat them all by myself. Mikey hates mushrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Sarah....these look like an absolute treat that I am going to make for myself! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!