Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

  This recipe comes from a dear friend of mine, Teresa. Fabulous friend AND a fabulous cook! :)
  This is one of my favorite "go-to" meals and is often on my weekly menu.
  For these yummy burritos, you will need:      
   
   Large onion, chopped 
   2 Tablespoons butter
   2 cups diced chicken, cooked 
   1-7 oz can green chiles 
   8 oz cream cheese 
   2/3 cup heavy cream
   10-12 burrito size tortillas
   Burrito fixins'...lettuce, tomatoes, black       olives, sour cream, etc.

  Now here is what you need to do....
 

   First you will need to saute your chopped onion in butter in a large skillet on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Reduce to medium heat and add your 2 cups cooked and diced chicken, green chiles, and the cream cheese. Heat until cream cheese is softened and all ingredients are well combined.


 Scoop mixture onto tortilla and roll 'em up. 
Depending on how full you want your burritos, you will get 10-12.
 

   Place filled tortillas, seam side down, in a greased 9×13 pan or you may use 2-8×8 pans. My oldest son, Evan, likes "crispy" burritos so I put my burritos in two separate pans. Then I can put heavy cream on one pan and leave the other pan without it. Spoiled, I know. ;) Although, he really is not a picky eater, so I accommodate when I easily can. :)
 

  Pour heavy cream over burritos. You will need 2/3 cup for a 9×13 or simply use 1/3 cup for each 8×8. 
 Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until tortillas begin to turn golden brown.
 

Top with desired toppings and Enjoy!





1 comment:

Check these out!