Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

Cheap Pineapple Cheese Ball


As I mentioned in a previous post, I was asked to host a bachelorette party.  Because I had little time to prepare, I was searching for easy, yet yummy, food to serve.  This cheese ball came to mind. (Also check out the lingerie cookies that I made---they were a hit.) My sister, Renae, made this many times in the past for parties and it always went over well.  

Ingredients Needed:
16 oz. soft cream cheese
8 oz. drained crushed pineapple
2 T. green onion
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped fine
2 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
Sliced almonds to cover cheese ball

DIRECTIONS BELOW WITH PICTURES


 1.  Gather your ingredients.


 2. I like to measure everything before I start. Make sure the pineapple is drained well. 


 3.  Stir soft cream cheese until smooth.


 4. Add drained pineapple. 


 5.  Stir in remaining ingredients. 


 6.  Roll contents into a nice ball.  Refrigerate overnight.  Cover with sliced almonds before you serve. (I apologize for not getting a picture with the almonds...oops. :)

Serve with crackers of your choice.  I like Ritz or TownHouse butter crackers. 



2 comments:

  1. It's awesome to replace the almonds with crushed pecans as the coating, too. :) Love this cheeseball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made in shape of snowman with sliced olives for eyes and a scarf. Was a big hit at our party.

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!