Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Festive DIY Centerpiece

As long as I can remember, my Mom has loved tablecloths. Growing up, us kids would always procrastinate setting the table and throw a heavy sigh in the air when Mom would say "Get the good tablecloth, please. And pull out the placemats, too". We would always argue that it wasn't necessary. "They're just going to get dirty anyway and we'll have to change it again".

As I get older, I realize more and more how my little quirks are so much like my Mom's. Don't worry....I think it's a good thing. :)  One of them is my need for a tablecloth. (It also probably has something to do with the fact that our table top looks pretty rough, but that's beside the point.) I now understand my Mom's desire for everything to look "put together" by making the table look nice.

To pull everything together, it's always a nice touch to add a centerpiece. This post will give you an idea on how to pull a fun and festive centerpiece together with items you probably already have. Be festive and frugal. :)


This is what my centerpiece contains:

Vase: crystal ice bucket
Ribbon: wired burlap (found at Walmart or craft stores)
Fillers: {First, a large can of tomatoes to take up space} 
Bottom- dried black beans
Middle- old fashioned oats
Top- popcorn kernels
Candles: small red candle & 2 candlesticks





No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!