Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Party Meatballs


 
A quick and yummy dish!
Just a note:  After I made these meatballs, I cooled them and put them in the freezer.  It was so easy just to take them out of the freezer, thaw a bit, and put them in a slow cooker to warm! They were ready to enjoy in a couple of hours and didn't have the mess right before the party!
(Sorry I didn't get a picture of them being served in the crockpot). 
This recipe was shared with me from my daughter, Renae.
Oh, how I love sharing and receiving recipes!  : )  I think recipes are something so special.  Whenever I make a recipe from someone, it always gives me fond thoughts and memories of the person that was so thoughtful in giving it to me. : ) 
This is such a great dish to pass for those holiday parties or as
a main dish for a family meal.  Either way, I am sure you will
enjoy these as much as our family does! 
So, get yourself these ingredients, mix them up,
bake these meatballs and enjoy!
Combine the following ingredients:
1 egg
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Form into 1 inch balls or to the size you would like. 
(I used the small Pampered Chef scoop.) 


Place on slightly greased cookie sheet, making sure
they are not touching too close.


To make sauce combine the following:

1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped onion


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Stir ingredients
for sauce until mixed well.



Pour the sauce over meatballs before baking.




Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for about 1 hour.




Remove from oven and let stand for a few      
minutes before placing in a serving dish. 

**They taste really good when served with mashed potatoes
and a vegetable for a meal, or as an appetizer for a party. 

Either way...Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!