Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

D.I.Y. Crocheted Toddler Winter Set


We all have those little nieces and nephews that are too far away for our liking!  Well mine happens to be my god daughter as well.  Sad that I couldn't be with her for her birthday, I decided to make her something special.  I love home made gifts.  I guess I am just sentimental like that. :)

It's been very cold in Minnesota so I decided on making her this winter set.  I thought it was adorable. I hope she likes it. :)

These are very easy pieces to do.  As I stated in my other blogs, I am just learning how to crochet so with the help of some great tutorials and a free pattern on lionbrand.com, I made the hat and the mittens.  As for the scarf, I didn't follow a pattern.  Old habits die hard. :)

If you would like to make this set..

Please see HERE for the hat.

Please see Lion Brand: Frosty Mittens- Pattern #: L20305.  This site has many great patterns for free.  (The only thing I don't like about this pattern is there is a hole left to make movement of the thumb easier.  You can't see it unless you spread your thumb out.  I think they are really cute mittens though and in the future I may customize that part a little bit to my liking.  I just thought I should note this so you don't think you missed a step or something when your project is complete.)

For the scarf:
Ch 104
R1: Dc in 4th chain from hook, dc in every ch until end. 
R2: Ch 3, turn, working in both loops dc in every ch until end. 
Repeat R2 until desired thickness.
I went around the whole scarf with a slip stitch because I thought it would look cute.  This is optional. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!