Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Spinach and Red Pepper Scrambled Eggs



Breakfast is an extremely important part of the day in this house! Especially to my 3 year old, Jameson.  The first thing he asks me every morning is "Mom, can you make me breakfast?" 

This meal gets lots of "yays!" every time I make it.  This isn't so much "a recipe" as it is an "idea". I never measure. I just use what I have.  :) Be creative. :)

You will need:

Eggs
Fresh Spinach
Roasted Red Peppers
Hot Sauce
Salt
Pepper
Oil
Shredded Cheese (any kind)



In a large skillet, I start by adding a few large handfuls of fresh spinach and a large spoonful of roasted red peppers.

Put a small amount of water in the 
pan.  Turn on med-high.


Cover the skillet with a lid.  As soon as the spinach is wilted and soft, drain all the excess water off. Add a small amount of oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan.
Meanwhile..


Combine eggs (I use 10-12),
along with a few dashes of hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.


With the skillet at medium heat, simply add the egg mixture
to the spinach and red peppers. 
Stir gently until all the eggs are thoroughly cooked. 


When the eggs are cooked, turn off the heat. Sprinkle any kind of shredded cheese on top. My favorite is pepper jack. :)
When the cheese is melted, it is time to enjoy!! Breakfast is served! :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! In fact, I think I am going to go make that right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!