Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2014

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie


Mike has been craving a peanut butter cookie (or several)!  I have just not been in any mood to bake lately, which as you know, is one of my favorite hobbies.  For some reason, it just sounded like a lot of work.  I am really glad that I forced myself to make my man a treat.  Not only did I enjoy putting on my hypothetical apron (couldn't find my cute one), but my Mikey enjoyed the treat. :)  

This is such an easy recipe.  If you are looking for a quick cookie, it's a great one to try. 

 All you need is:

2/3 cup ground oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, blend peanut butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla. Blend again.  

Stir ground oatmeal, baking soda, and salt together.

In the large bowl, slowly add oatmeal mixture to peanut butter mixture.  Stir with large spoon until almost combined.  Use blender for just few moments to make sure it's all blended. Add water.  Blend again. 

Roll into balls, and gently press a crisscross imprint with a fork.

Bake 13-17 minutes.  After taking out of oven, leave on pan for a couple minutes.  Transfer to cooling rack.  


(Directions with Photos)


 First, blend oatmeal in a food processor or blender until "flour like" consistency. 


I ran my blender for about a minute. 


Put peanut butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.  Blend until evenly distributed. 


Add vanilla. 


Blend again until mixed well. 


On the side, mix salt, baking soda, and oatmeal flour. 


Add 1/3 cup of flour at a time. 


Mix well with a spoon.  After almost mixed, use blender for just a moment. 


Form cookie balls. 


Make sure to do the iconic crisscross in the middle, using a fork. 


Bake 13-17 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to sit on the pan for a couple extra minutes after taking it out of the oven. They are a little crumby, but that makes them great to eat warm with a glass of milk.  







1 comment:

Check these out!