Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2014

Quick Chicken Alfredo



I don't know about you but I am in a cooking rut!  Let's be truthful.  It's actually what you would call lazy.  Now working full time, the last thing I want to do is get in the kitchen at 5:00 and start dinner.  However, as much as we love hummus (which we pretty much live on hummus lately), I think I need to start getting in the kitchen and making some real dinner. 

With that in mind, I got home last night a little after 5 and decided to make something. The stipulation being that it was quick.  Mike and I had a Kroger coupon for a free Prego (gotta love Kroger coupons.  If you don't have a Kroger in your area, you're missing out), so we decided to try the alfredo that was available.  

Looking in the pantry, the alfredo was sitting there, along with the rotini noodles.  Figuring I better use up the broccoli before we let it go bad, broccoli chicken alfredo was the obvious choice.  Would throw some green beans as a side dish and ...done. 

It was a quick meal...not hummus...and I got in the kitchen.  All in all, it was a successful evening. 

(By the way...anyone with easy meal ideas, Mike and I would surely appreciate them. ;)

QUICK CHICKEN ALFREDO

Rotini noodles
Chicken tenders
(worshteshire, liquid smoke, minced garlic, salt, and pepper)
1 large onion
broccoli
Alfredo


1. Prepare noodles according to package.  I made 3 servings. 

2. Saute brocolli until just tender. 


3. Set aside the alfedo sauce you will be using. 


4.  While the noodles are being prepared, cook your chicken with seasonings of your preference. I just used Worcestershire (hence the beautiful color), a little liquid smoke, garlic, salt, and pepper. 


5. In a separate pan, saute onions to your liking. 


6.  Add a good tablespoon of minced garlic. 


7. Throw all the ingredients together. 


8.Stir in the alfredo, season more if you would like, and heat through.  All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!