Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY Tacky Christmas Sweater

    
We have been getting ready for Christmas here in Tennessee.  I have been having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it is that time of year.  I do love the South but when there isn't snow or a ton of family to see, it doesn't feel quite the same as when we we're up North. Days of getting together for family Christmas parties, cookie bakes, wrapping presents together, etc.
However, I was very excited when work said we were having a tacky Christmas sweater contest. Figuring it would help make me feel like Christmas was around the corner, I went and purchased a few things at Good Will and Walmart.  I also painted my nails to get into the festivities. Ta Da! Not only wanting to wear this awesome piece of art once, I wore it while we decorated the shed for Christmas.  Yes, we did.  Fireplace, karaoke, Christmas lights and tree are ready for our soon to be here family to come and celebrate with us.  Then...it will feel like Christmas. 
You can make one of these beauties for your festivities:

Good Will shirt
Walmart paints
beads
Pins 
Scraps of fabric
thread
needle

By the way, I didn't win the contest.  Thought I had a fighting chance but people really get into this.  I now know for next year. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!



                                                                                                                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!